Saturday, July 7, 2007

Hi guys:)

Finally in South Africa, more specifically in the town of Stellenbosch. ( http://www.stellenbosch.org.za) It's a small university town just outside Cape Town, surrounded by wineries. Beautiful :) We are staying at a part of the university and will be here until the 17Th. I'm sharing a room with a girl from Canada (shocking!!) :) and my room is actually nicer than the one I stayed in at the dorms in Aussie. So I haven't seen anything of Real Africa jet except for the townships we drove by on our way from the airport. Tomorrow we have the day of so we are heading in to Cape Town and a some of us are going to Robben Island, which the prison where Nelson Mandela was imprisened.(http://www.robben-island.org.za/)

The course with SCORE is really interesting as well. We are 40 people from Zambia, Namibia, SA,Zimbabwe, Holland and Canada. I think on Wednesday I will know where I will be working and living for the next 12 months!!

So I'm doing fine, really excited about the program, met many great people, but is still without any of my luggage. All our luggage is still in London together with a 1000 other "misplaced" bags so we don't know when will get it! Never Heathrow or British Airways again!


I'm Staying safe,
take care :)


No comments: