Friday, August 24, 2007

As Time Goes By

Molweni Guys! Unjani? My Xhosa has unfortunately not improved much in the last week, but I’m starting to pick up the odd word here and there! But everybody laughs at my pronunciationJ

It’s been a good week with much more work to do. Youth Leads are going fine at all three schools. The kids have decided on tournaments and I’ve been doing Workshops on Fair Play which have been going great. I recommend the fruit salad as a Icebreaker, and one grade 5 can not get enough of JihaaJ They don’t really get the game jet, but just love saying jihaa and 4 gear TractorJ So work in schools are good now. It’s really interesting to see how the school life is here compared to back home. Two of the schools have some half finished buildings with broken windows and no doors, and at the third school the wind broke of the roof in two of the classrooms. There are usually around 60 students in each class so I understand the teachers find it difficult to do PE with hardly any equipment. Some of the teachers are really interested in what I’m doing, while others don’t seem to bother. But the kids are great and I love working with them.

With community sport we still haven’t done any SCORE For All, but I play a lot of soccer in the afternoons so time goes by. Tomorrow I’m actually going to Mthatha again to play soccer. The university team we played against there called my teams coach and wanted me to come and play for them. So I’m really looking forward to that! :)

Otherwise life is still good. I’m leaving for CT next Friday. And then Mid Service with the rest of the SA team somewhere in Free State right after that. Can’t wait to see everyone again and to take a showerJ

Have a great weekend everyone!! Thank you for all the comments, keep them coming!J Pictures will come when I’m in CT!

XOXO Nolita

2 comments:

dad said...

Hei Marte (Nolita) !!

Trur ikkje så mange norske lærarar hadde tatt arbeid i skuler med slike mangler som du nevner, eller med den klassestørrelsen.
Vi har det godt i norsk skule tross alt. Alt for mange som syter, om alt og ingenting.
Fint at du har fått mykje arbeid , då går dagane fortare .
Fotball som sport er ein fin inngang til samarbeid med både barn og ungdom , det ser det ut til at du har fått til. Bra !!!
Her er det framleis haust med øs - pøs dag etter dag.
God tur til CT og fleire velfortjente dusjer .

Dad

AMY said...

Hei Marte
Far din har gjeve oss adressa til bloggen din slik at vi no kan følgje med på di spanande ferd langt mot sør. Har lest det du har skrive. Må verkeleg sei at du har det spanande der du er. Andrea har planar om å ta seg eit halvår i Sør Afrika som ein del av studiet. Det skjer vel om eit års tid. Så kanskje feirer vi jul i Cape Town om eit år?

Ser av bileta dine at veiret der nede er betydleg betre enn her i Bergen der temperturen no så vidt ligg over 6-7 grader.

Lukke til med opphaldet og vonar du får mange gode minner.

Anne Marie, Helge +++